Thursday, April 16, 2009

Loss of motivation?

 TO EXERCISE!
For the past couple of months I have not been able to drag myself to the gym. I used to be the person who was there five days a week, what happened? I can not get myself motivated to go even though my pants do not fit. Why do some of us loose our momentum or motivation? Over half of people who start an exercise program stop, so there are a large number of people who have this problem. The most common causes of people not continuing are having a busy schedule, they claim to have better things to do, and get bored. Well here are some things to help you get it back (if you are one of us who has lost our motivation):
  • Mix up you workout or do something you like.
  • Focus on the benefits and we all know there are many of those. 
  • If you miss a day do not think about it just go the next time and forget it.
  • Make exercise mean something to you, more then gaining muscle or loosing weight.           It can be making yourself happy, having more energy, or reducing stress. The last one is something we all need as the semester comes to a close!
  • For some people setting goals (long and short term) help them. 
  • Get a workout partner.
  • Take before and after picture or measurements of yourself.
  • Bring your workout out side! Go for a walk, run, hike, or anything else you like to do.
  • Personal time, no studying or homework.
  • Read a book or get some new music to listen to while you workout.
  • Other people find magazines, movies, or pictures of jacked/ripped people or with your ideal body  helpful.
  • Read success stories of others who have changed their lives through exercise.
  • And anything else that will help you.

2 comments:

  1. Try group exercise classes if they're offered!! I always find that i feel like I've gotten a better workout when i join a class because it's not just the same thing over and over again. not to mention we instructors can be pretty entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this blog definitely helped a lot of people to find motivation to exercise. Even though I love running, and going to the gym, I know I have days where I do not have the motivation to go. I'll definitely keep these tips in mind!

    ReplyDelete